Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fish Out of Water

My winter CSA share ended in February, so I am biding my time until the summer share starts in June.

I would probably make the same thing over and over again if my boyfriend wasn't on such a fish kick.

Aside from tuna from the can, I have never gotten into fish. But omega 3s are all the rage and I am trying to be a more adventurous eater, so I've been giving it a try.

My boyfriend has been on a mission to find red bean ice cream after our last few sushi outings came up empty. The other night he went to an Asian supermarket and came back with something red alright (hint: it had a head).

It also looked a little too straight out of the water for my taste, but I swallowed and gamely looked for a recipe for red snapper.

I can't find the one we ultimately used at the moment, but it included lemon, lime, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. It was so simple. We wrapped up the little guy (or girl?) in tin foil and baked at 350 for, well, I can't remember how long. But I'll look for the recipe and post when I find it.




Cute, huh?!

Despite starting out with a very fishy smell, the fish tasted good - very tender and with mild flavor, and some red bean ice cream to wash it all down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I'd just like to say bocalish lagualek. Or bokolawal. Or Bayo! Or something like that. Anyway, Gracias por su interesante historia del viaje.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails