Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cool Down


It's steamy hot in Chicago, so I made a chilled cucumber yogurt soup the other night. This is another recipe from Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (since the strawberry rhubarb crisp was so tasty).

This is a very simple recipe but as usual, a few mishaps occured. We didn't have any dill, giving the soup a strong yogurt taste (I think the dill would have added more balance to the flavor). Due to some major spillage during the food processing, my soup turned out a little chunkier than expected. But I think that added good texture. I also subbed microgreens from my box for the garnish.

Cucumber Yogurt Soup

8 small-medium cucumbers peeled and chopped
3 cups water
3 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons dill
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
1 cup nasturtium leaves and petals (optional garnish)

Combine ingredients in food processor until smooth, chill before serving. Garnish.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails